1. INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS
This privacy statement applies to SamiCultures.com, and related publications and services.
2. WHY WE STORE INFORMATION
We store information for several reasons:
- In order for our system to recognise users, so they can use our services
- To confirm your booking, registration or purchase
- For you to be able to sign up for events
- For tailoring ads as well as for removal of ads and editorial content, based on what may be relevant / irrelevant to you
- In order to send you up-to-date information about the courses and conferences for which you register
- To better understand how our website is used, so that we can develop and improve our services
- For processing applications
3. HOW WE DON’T USE YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide is stored only in our systems. Your information will never be sold; it will be used only to provide you with more relevant information and better services.
Third parties (such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel) will be able to extract IP addresses and data based on our users’ browsing patterns. We are obliged to ensure that all third parties treat this data strictly in accordance with Norwegian regulations.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We log which pages our users visit and when, as well as the user’s browser and IP address.
REGISTRATION FOR COURSES AND CONFERENCES
When you sign up for our courses or conferences, we store only the information that you choose to provide.
5. INFORMATION STORED ON YOUR DEVICE
We also include items from third party services such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+, which load their own cookies.
5B. HOW DO WE STORE THE DATA?
Data is stored by NordNorsk Reiseliv´s subcontractor, Seria and their contractor Cerpus, whose operations are run from Blix Solutions in Oslo. Backups older than one year are also stored offline, in a fireproof safe in Bodø. All stored passwords are encrypted.
5C. HOW LONG DO WE STORE DATA?
Data is stored for as long as our website is in operation.
6. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA / COOKIES
Personal data is stored in our database, processed and published in accordance with the provisions of the Norwegian Personal Data Act (personopplysningsloven), and as detailed below.
To read more about basic privacy, please see "What is personal data?" at the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet).
7. OUR DATA PROCESSING PARTNER
Your personal data is processed by our data processor, Seria AS, and by our IT service providers for the purpose of providing services and for improving the services.
In addition, we sometimes engage other companies to facilitate our development, and in such cases, we may provide these companies with the information they need to accomplish this. Your personal data will not be disclosed to others without your consent, except in cases where we are legally obligated to do so.
Your personal data will be stored within the EU / EEA area, and in accordance with Norwegian privacy legislation.
8. YOUR REGISTERED PROFILE, RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS
The information you provide when registering (name, email, etc.) and when editing your user profile is used to provide and develop our service, as well as for analyses and statistical purposes.
- You choose which information to register in our database.
- You have the right to request information about the data that are registered about you; if it is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to correct, supplement or delete this data. You can do so by contacting us.
- You may at any time request that your personal data be deleted from our databases. We will accommodate this request provided the service that you wish to be deleted from does not have specific requirements or reasons for preserving your data.
- In the event of suspicion of grossly incorrect information in your user profile, we reserve the right to delete your account without further investigation or notification.
8B. ADDITIONAL USERS RIGHTS
- You are entitled to request a limitation of the data processing.
- You have the right to object to the data processing.
- You are entitled to demand and receive a copy of your data.
- You have the right of appeal to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet).
- You are entitled to revoke your consent at any time.
9. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
You may at any time delete cookies from your hard disk, although this will lose your personal settings.
You may also change the settings in your browser so that it no longer allows cookies to be stored on your hard drive. However, this may result in reduced functionality on certain web pages, and may prevent access to pages that require login, causing certain content and features to become unavailable.
If you want control over which third parties use this technology and for which purpose, we recommend tools such as Ghostery and Disconnect.
For more information about cookies and settings, please see allaboutcookies.org.
10. OUR CONTACT INFORMATION
NORDNORSK REISELIV AS
Business registration no.: 994 153 862
Address: P.O Box 1163, NO-9504 Alta, Norway
Phone: +47 901 77 500